Author Topic: LPB-1/Screaming Bird Mashup  (Read 2306 times)

matt.dyck.music

LPB-1/Screaming Bird Mashup
« on: November 25, 2019, 12:13:42 AM »
Hi, I'm thinking about building a EH Screaming Bird clone, but would like to add a bit of a tone control to it. I read about using a potentiometer as a blend knob between two different value input caps. If I use the value of input cap from the LPB-1 (same circuit a the Screaming Bird essentially), would that be enough to be noticeable? Also, would I need to change the output cap as well? As far as wiring the potentiometer am I correct in thinking that the input would go to lug 2, the smaller cap to lug 1, the larger 2 lug 3, and then both caps to the rest of the circuit?

If I sound like a complete idiot here, you can tell me, but please tell me what you would do to achieve this then. Thanks.

antonis

Re: LPB-1/Screaming Bird Mashup
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 05:28:58 AM »
If I get you right, do you want to make a variable high-pass input filter using 2 caps (+ series respective pot resistance) set in parallel..??

It could work but its transfer function should be rather complicated..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

matt.dyck.music

Re: LPB-1/Screaming Bird Mashup
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 03:57:00 AM »
Yeah, that's basically the idea. I gotta figure out what's going on with my other build first though before I start thinking too much about this one.