Is this a RAT Build?

Started by guisquil, December 03, 2019, 01:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guisquil

Hello,

About 25 years ago somebody gave me this pedal, they just said that it was a copy of a well know model. I love how it sounds but I'm afraid to take it to gigs because it is very fragile, my question is can you guys help me identify it? based on my google search for schematics it seems to be a RAT, is this correct?

Thanks

willienillie

I think it's probably Rat based, the NTE chip is supposedly an LM308 equivalent.  But it seems to be missing one of the clipping diodes.  There may be other differences.

guisquil

Thanks for your answer, I added another picture where you can see the other clipping diode I think.

Quote from: willienillie on December 03, 2019, 01:57:57 PM
I think it's probably Rat based, the NTE chip is supposedly an LM308 equivalent.  But it seems to be missing one of the clipping diodes.  There may be other differences.

willienillie

Well there you go, it's a Rat.  Cool pedal, I have two clones myself.  You're right it looks too fragile for gigging.  If you can solder and drill holes, not a difficult build.  The commercial ones aren't too expensive either if you would rather buy.

And welcome to the forum, BTW!