RF Filtering - Troubleshooting Tonal Inconsistencies

Started by Bunkey, January 12, 2020, 11:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunkey

Quote from: duck_arse on April 28, 2020, 09:48:06 AM

do you mind if I possibly, sometime, shamelessly rip-off your idea?

Not at all! Just make sure to use a different condement - The stench of onion is undoubtedly a trademark feature.
...just riffing.

cdwillis

The circuit in the jar is a cool idea. I wish I had more to add.  :icon_mrgreen:

duck_arse

bunkey - onion relish - I've never had any, but I think I'd put it on everything.

I mentioned the concept to the guy, he got excited aboot the visual oportunties, started sweet talking hizz misses for some of her honey jars. I got mildly enthused by the build options possible - massive dumb old transistors and caps and wattage resistors I can't fit in anything else. and I can fill the bottom of the jars with "things" - marbles, heatsinks, brass tubes, acrylic rods, wire strands ......
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Bunkey

I once read that building a pedal in a larger enclosure makes it sound more open...
By the same logic maybe you can remove the dead air.

:icon_lol:
...just riffing.

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Bunkey

Quote from: duck_arse on September 16, 2020, 10:12:42 AM
done.

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=124422.msg1193464#msg1193464

Haaa that's awesome man. I like teh colours.

For the purpose of closure...

I came back to this whole project recently and after 18 months of deliberation I've finally fixed the issue that I'd been trying to address the whole time...

I built an electra-style distortion instead.

The end.

:icon_mrgreen:
...just riffing.

iainpunk

the Electra distortion is really nice as well, but a bit to overdrive-ish to me, i like nasty broken sounds.
i would put an electra style boost in front of the Bazz Fuss if you don't want any gating, but like the overall sound to begin with.
im currently experimenting with the Bazz Fuss again, but this time an NPN and a PNP stacked on top of eachother like the Harmonic Percolator's gain stages. its getting really close to my ideal sound, harsh and sputterey, but not gated.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers