Help identify what the Tomslne Tube Pusher is a clone of. Please!

Started by PurpleStrat, January 29, 2020, 07:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleStrat

Hey all! This is my favorite Overdrive. I emailed Tom's Line to see if they would tell me what it was a clone of and they said it's a modified Tube Screamer. Does anyone know of a TS clone that has a TLO82 stock?

PurpleStrat

vigilante397

Any chance we could see some more pictures? It's a little hard to tell from what you've posted. Looks like an A1M gain pot, I see a 1N34A most likely used as a clipper, possible in a pair with that silicon diode next to it. Other than that it's hard to make things out. More pictures from more angles would help ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

PurpleStrat

Thanks I will take it apart and get more pics. They told me it is a modded Tune Screamer. After I asked if it was based on any particular pedal they stopped emailing me back. At first I thought it was a Honey Bee Overdrive since Joyo makes a clone. They all just seem to use the same few designs from China.

Looking up onverdives with a TLO82 I could only find the OCD. This pedal doesn't sound anything like the couple OCDs I have had and is much lower gain. I can't find any info on a TS clone that comes stock with a TLO82.

bluebunny

I wouldn't get too hung up on the opamp.  If it is a TS, it's the other tweaks that may affect its character more (IMO) - like the apparent asymmetric clipping as Nathan points out.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

PurpleStrat

Having trouble getting decent picture.

Volume A500k
Tone B10k

PurpleStrat

Ok so it appears by the pot values to be an OCD clone. I've owned and OCD and even have another Chinese OCD clone and none of them sounded alike! This sounds darker and way less gain.