Well THIS looks like it will be fun! - The Pedal Movie

Started by Mark Hammer, February 11, 2020, 02:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wampcat1

Quote from: Ry on February 12, 2020, 08:46:39 AM
So who from DIY Stompboxes is in the movie?  Many current builders came through versions of this forum in the 90's.  I had an idea of writing a book about this topic just last week, but it looks like this movie may cover some of the same ground.  We need to hear from Aron, Mark Hammer, R.G., Jack Orman, Steve Daniels, and so many others who helped these builders get their feet!

I would wager that most of us in the movie started out here!  :icon_biggrin:

Mark Hammer

Quote from: newjackruby on February 18, 2020, 07:39:25 PM
Oh wow, seeing Juan gave me chills. Hope he's getting better.  :'(
I hadn't realized until yesterday, through Nick Jaffe's "Just Nick" Youtubes, that Juan Alderete had been involved in a cycling accident in January that has left him with a serious head injury and brain damage.  As of late January, he was still in a coma.  I don't know if this is a direct result of the accident, or something medically induced until safe to let him wake - some things need us to be motionless for extended periods in order to heal properly.  There is a GoFundMe for his family.

We are such a large community, the odds are pretty good someone we know or know of will encounter some medical or existential tragedy.  I recall being shocked at the death of Nicholas Harris (founder of Catalinbread Effects), four years ago, as a result of a tree being blown over onto his car while he was driving.  I'm sure there are others whose fortunes we don't know about, but wonder why they haven't posted in a while.  Sometimes they move on to other things and the stomp world recedes into the background for them, and sometimes it's something worse.

I'm sure we all wish Juan well, and as close to a full recovery and resumption of normal life as possible.

toomanypies

Quote from: Mark Hammer on February 24, 2020, 10:52:21 AM
Quote from: newjackruby on February 18, 2020, 07:39:25 PM
Oh wow, seeing Juan gave me chills. Hope he's getting better.  :'(
I hadn't realized until yesterday, through Nick Jaffe's "Just Nick" Youtubes, that Juan Alderete had been involved in a cycling accident in January that has left him with a serious head injury and brain damage.  As of late January, he was still in a coma.  I don't know if this is a direct result of the accident, or something medically induced until safe to let him wake - some things need us to be motionless for extended periods in order to heal properly.  There is a GoFundMe for his family.

We are such a large community, the odds are pretty good someone we know or know of will encounter some medical or existential tragedy.  I recall being shocked at the death of Nicholas Harris (founder of Catalinbread Effects), four years ago, as a result of a tree being blown over onto his car while he was driving.  I'm sure there are others whose fortunes we don't know about, but wonder why they haven't posted in a while.  Sometimes they move on to other things and the stomp world recedes into the background for them, and sometimes it's something worse.

I'm sure we all wish Juan well, and as close to a full recovery and resumption of normal life as possible.

There are encouraging signs as posted by Anne on Feb 7,19. As a fellow cyclist it's quite scary, I wish him the best.