Small momentary silent stomp switch?

Started by MRiddickW, February 19, 2020, 11:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRiddickW

Hi all,

What's the smallest momentary silent stomp switch you know of? I'm building a pedal to fit in a Hammond 1590A chassis, and all the silent Carlings I've seen are too big.

So far the only thing I've seen that fits the bill size-wise is something like the E-Switch FS5700, which of course is not quiet.

Alternatively, does anyone sell a plunger with spring like TC Electronic uses, and I could just put a tactile switch on my PCB?

GGBB

Quote from: MRiddickW on February 19, 2020, 11:29:12 PM
So far the only thing I've seen that fits the bill size-wise is something like the E-Switch FS5700, which of course is not quiet.

FS5700 is a series with both momentary and latching models. I'd expect the latching switches to not be quiet, but not the momentary ones. Can you enlighten me on what isn't quiet about the momentary FS5700 switches.
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

Quote from: MRiddickW on February 19, 2020, 11:29:12 PM
Alternatively, does anyone sell a plunger with spring like TC Electronic uses, and I could just put a tactile switch on my PCB?
Yes.
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/switch-actuator-for-b-o-b/
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

aron

How quiet? The Digitech vocal harmonizer switches are fairly cheap - around $7 but I think they make a click. Not too loud... Available at sweetwater.

MRiddickW

Quote from: GGBB on February 19, 2020, 11:49:20 PM
I'd expect the latching switches to not be quiet, but not the momentary ones. Can you enlighten me on what isn't quiet about the momentary FS5700 switches.

Now I'm realizing I haven't actually heard it. I think I just assumed it wouldn't be since it doesn't specifically mention "silent action" or something. I'll order one and report back.