Momentary switch on a Buddwah

Started by Stratdude, February 26, 2020, 04:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stratdude

Hi eveybody, new here.
I have an old Korg wah wich I modded putting a momentary switch on the pedal so it engages as soon as I put my foot on it. Now I wanted to do the same thing on my Buddwah, wich is much more complicated circuitwise. Ordered a switch that look exactly like the original one, 9 poles but is momentary. Took out the original an dsoldered in the new one like the original one. The guitar signal/sound goes to the amp when the switch is not engaged. When engaged the signal is replaced by a tone that changes pitch when I move the pedal up and down. Anyone knows what`s wrong?

patrick398

My first thought was Gilmour. I think he got that 'seagull' sound by connecting his wah back to front. Is it possible you've connected you in and out the wrong way?

EDIT: Also, Welcome to the forum! (Narrowly avoided a slap on the wrist there)

Stratdude

If David did that then certainly I can. Will check. Embarrasing if that's the case.  :icon_biggrin:

Stratdude

Oh. My. God. What a first entry. Cables backwards. Works like a charm. Embarrasing. A weak defence, but the wah is up side down during work. No, doesn`t help :icon_redface:
Well, the problem brought me here anyway. Looking forward to posting and reading.

bluebunny

Ha ha!  Been there, done that...   :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_wink:

Good to have you along for the ride.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Stratdude

Here it is along with my loyal companion the tube screamer.

duck_arse

Quote from: Stratdude on February 27, 2020, 03:19:24 AM
Oh. My. God. What a first entry. Cables backwards. Works like a charm. Embarrasing. A weak defence, but the wah is up side down during work. No, doesn`t help :icon_redface:
Well, the problem brought me here anyway. Looking forward to posting and reading.

another example of the antipodean remedy. welcome, from the podes.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.