matsumin valvecaster issues

Started by Mini612, March 16, 2020, 01:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini612

Hi guys, I am a newbie!  Decided to take on this project as I'm home bounded and I have a few things laying around the house.  I decided to put this tube valve over drive pedal together as it didn't look difficult and I have some parts laying around.  This is the first time I am putting together a stomp pedal. 

What's the problem?
No sound or output going to my amp simple no sound, maybe a little hissing sound but no hums, no static sounds.  I didn't have any 3dpt 6-pin switch so I used a little on/off that I had left over from a car project. Yes the tube lite up.  But no sound when I turn any of the knobs. 

I've looked at the schematic many many times to check my resistors and capacitors placement  and they appear to be in correct locations.  Did I miss something?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Pics below of the schematic I used and mine.  And yes, I know mine is messy, and the soldering could use more work, but I'm still learning and could appreciate any help to get this thing working. 

willienillie

What voltages (DC, relative to ground) do you get on each of the tube pins?  What kind of tube are you using?  Are you sure it's good?

mozz

Can't really tell from the picture, pins are numbered clockwise when looking at the bottom.
  • SUPPORTER

Mini612

I do have a few 12au7 laying around and they're all suppose to be good.  I've tried several tubes and the same thing is happening.  Yes I counted the tube pins clock wise, like the pictorial schematic.  I have tried both 9v and 12v, 9v didn't give the tube as much light so I used the 12v and that seem to light the tube better.  All capacitors are used but I tested them before using them.

rizziol

It´s hard to see the components and be sure they are all in right spot. I suggest you check the all the grounds an pot connections. I have assembled it one for me in my breadboard and that was the issue. Double checked the pots and grounds and it worked.