News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

FXCore coming soon?

Started by potul, March 27, 2020, 04:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potul

Hi All

I just realized FXCore  page has been updated in the past months with some documentation and this sign:

Has anyone gone throught the docs and specs? Any insights?

Do we know when this is be released? (Frank, can you give some hint?)

Ice-9

Yeah I have all the docs downloaded and waiting for the dev board to be released.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

octfrank

Quote from: potul on March 27, 2020, 04:45:51 AM
Do we know when this is be released? (Frank, can you give some hint?)

Engineering run (small production run) is going so really just a waiting game for it to complete.

Final dev board design done and currently being verified, have one on desk next to me.

Getting quotes for assembly of dev board.

In circuit programming board (basically a USB to I2C board that works with assembler) done and working. So you can have a 3-pin header on your project board to program the FXCore in circuit.

Working on docs detailing how to talk to the chip so you can write your own program loader if you want, additional app notes, etc.

We are going as fast as we can, some things just take time and we cannot rush them, others are affected by the various "shelter in place" laws so we are having to work around them.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize

vigilante397

Well geeze, now I'm excited about something I didn't even know existed 60 seconds ago :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

micromegas

Nice! This is definitely interesting!
Software Developer @ bela.io

MetalGuy

As an end user I'm interested how many effects in a row it can do?

octfrank

Quote from: MetalGuy on March 27, 2020, 05:24:24 PM
As an end user I'm interested how many effects in a row it can do?

That depends on how complex each is and how much memory each uses. As an example at 48KHz sample rate the rotary speaker+reverb program uses about 33% of available computational power but all the memory so you would be limited to filtering type things at that point but you would need to triple duty the pots (they are already doing double duty for the rotary and reverb controls) to get controls for the filters.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize

Sweetalk

octfrank

32K samples so 1 sec at 32KHz sample rate, 2 sec are 16KHz sample rate, etc.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize

ElectricDruid

Does this new chip go beyond what the FV-1 can do? How?

You've got me all curious now!

T.

patrick398

Would it be possible to do granular synthesis with a chip like this? I've been trying to get my head around DSP stuff recently but it's like a dog trying to do calculus

Ice-9

Quote from: ElectricDruid on April 04, 2020, 09:26:38 PM
Does this new chip go beyond what the FV-1 can do? How?

You've got me all curious now!

T.

Some datasheets and example code over at Experimental noise if your interested.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Ice-9

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

octfrank

Limited number of dev boards now available
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize

Ice-9

Hi Frank, Great news. What is the position on getting a Dev board for UK developers?
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

octfrank

Quote from: Ice-9 on June 07, 2020, 08:20:43 AM
Hi Frank, Great news. What is the position on getting a Dev board for UK developers?

Check with Profusion, they were shipped this past week so they may have received them by now.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize

vigilante397

I just emailed the sales@xnoize asking this, but what will the cost be for a dev board shipped in the US?  Interested in picking one up ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

octfrank

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 07, 2020, 12:24:39 PM
I just emailed the sales@xnoize asking this, but what will the cost be for a dev board shipped in the US?  Interested in picking one up ;D

Board is $125.00 plus shipping which depends on where (typ $8 to $9 via USPS) and sales tax if you are in AZ.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize

Ice-9

Just arrived this morning, my shiny new Experimental Noize FX-Core Eval board.  :)

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

niektb

This seems pretty fun I must say! But is there any spec comparison with the FV-1? :)