Revv G4 clone issues.

Started by slashandburn, April 02, 2020, 10:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slashandburn

So I've now soldered that 1k in place parallel to the 1M (I can easily snip it back out). Getting a chance to play around with controls again and @#$% me it almost seems like it has too much gain now. With the gain pot practically off it still screams which is not a bad thing.

Wishing I'd stuck the resistor on a switch so I could do some more A/B-ing. Guess that's an experiment for another day.

Cheers Chaps!

iainpunk

there is no such thing as to much gain.

it sounds great with the 1K, without it the pedal sounds quite scooped

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

dschwartz

Sorry to bring back this thread again, but i stumbled again with the schematic and i also find that the 100k resistor next to the bass control is very suspicious..as it will practically reduce the low end a lot, and in combination with the 100nF will make the bass control affect subsonic frequencies..
Try a 10k instead and it should bring back the low end and also make the bass pot more effective.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

kraal

Isn't SW1.2 just useless as depicted on the original schematics ? If it's purpose is to bypass C6, it should be connected differently  (SW4 only instead of SW4,6 on the image you posted, otherwise there is no difference in the two positions isn't it?)

dschwartz

Quote from: kraal on July 18, 2021, 04:21:32 AM
Isn't SW1.2 just useless as depicted on the original schematics ? If it's purpose is to bypass C6, it should be connected differently  (SW4 only instead of SW4,6 on the image you posted, otherwise there is no difference in the two positions isn't it?)
Its an on-off-on switch
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

kraal