Anyones (all opinion welcome) opinon building a mxr microamp

Started by jimbob, October 17, 2003, 02:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

It seems to have great ratings on harmony central and looks like an easy build.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

bwanasonic

For a simple *clean* booster, try the MosFet boost at AMZ:

http://www.muzique.com/schem/mosfet.htm

A very handy device.

Kerry M

Aharon

I'm with bwanasonic on this one.I think the MosBoost is really responsive and transparent.
Aharon
Aharon

Rick

I have not tried the mosfet boost yet but I have thrown together a couple of microamps. I liked it, and so did others that tried it. It has gobs of output and quite clean until you crank it and overdrive your amp of course. An easy build (no tweaking necessary) too. As I remember it had one really high mega-ohm resister which I couldn't find - so had to solder two lower values together to get the correct value.   ...Rick

Peter Snowberg

The MicroAmp is good test fixture to compare opamps in a clean environment too. :)

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

petemoore

Right now it's boosting the Motif 6 keyboard into the Dynakit Stereo 70 Tube Power Amp, ...where the Dyna pre/amp was in the chain before it died.
  I like it there because this drives the  4x12''s hard.
  For guitar use, it's very stable when working with others, has a subtle character on its own, and has more drive before 'gacking' than I ever use
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Mike Nichting

Does anyone have a layout for the Microamp?? I would love to build one~!!

Mike N.
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

phillip

Mike, drop me an email and I'll send the Microamp layouts to you.  I have the PCB, Layout and Schematic saved from the now defunkt Lazyfinger site.

Phillip

Bill_F

Aharon

There's also a PCB of a dual MicroAmp at Tonepad.
Aharon
Aharon