placing a cable inserted hpf before or after tim ..... mooer 008

Started by screamersusa, April 19, 2020, 03:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamersusa

Due to life's unpleasantries, I am reduced to the smallest usable rig possible. 
I am sort of stuck using a mooer 008 mesa mark 3 pedal. This is because my two stone and blacknight pedals
Wont do the edge of breakup thing eliminating one dirt pedal.
It appears the mooer positions the eq after the gain unlike a real mark or two rock which is before the gain stage.
To get the od tone I want (close to engl lead with gain around 9:00 I have to either run a pre eq pedal, or an inline passive hpf. The passive works fine for my needs leaving me with 4pedals max.
So...........
Should I place the passive before the mooer or the tim for best result? I may add a rat or klone later.

The passive I went with is 2 meg to gnd, 1 meg and 3.2n in parallel.
I plan on looking for the decoupling cap in the 008 at some point so the bypass will work correctly and drop the value.

Thanks in advance.

iainpunk

so, let me get this clear,
you have both a Tim and the mooer 008, and you want to cut bass on your distorted tone.... the Tim has quite a powerfull bass cut knob, does that not meet your needs?

if you want you can get the smallest enclosure and put a passive HPF in there, that should work. you can even put in an active resonant hpf to boost some midrange, for even more crunch.

there are also some cool guitar wiring schematics that cut bass, look up "PTB wiring diagram" on the Google, i really like cutting out some bass out of my guitar when playing with really high gain amps.

cheers,
Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

screamersusa

Thanks.
I am temporarily using an in line hpf from the circuits you suggested Ian.
I started a mooer 008 /preamp thread to see if we can make a real mod for these things properly.