Trying to ID switch for Zoom Player 2020 to replace

Started by fallenturtle, April 19, 2020, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallenturtle

Hopefully this is in the right sub forum.
I want to repair my Zoom Player 2020 multi effects pedal. From what I can tell the only issue with it is some of the pedal switches are working anymore, so I want to buy some replacement ones to solder on. Unfortunately I'm having trouble identifying the specs of the switch.

I know from its appearance its a tactile switch. On the bottom side it has some logo that I've tried reverse image searching on but have failed to find a match. It also says L12. Googling L12 tactile switch has returned nothing except this: https://bel.4567.cz/en/eshop/switches/switches-4-pins/tact-switch-l12-5mm-4pin-160g-detail.html

I think its a standard size 6mm x 6mm, with the body height of about 3-3.5mm. The button itself is about 2mm.

I've tried to contact zoom and search the web for component specs or schematics, but have come up dry.

I'm hoping someone knows this brand and if not, are there other components on the circuit board that might help me figure out what switch to replace it with?

I'm assuming they are N.O. Right now I'm wonder if maybe these will work: https://www.arrow.com/en/products/pts645sl50-2lfs/ck
Really the biggest mystery I think is the operating force.

Here are some photos I took of it.

Thanks

ElectricDruid

Most tactile switches seem to come in standard sizes, so I wouldn't worry too much about finding an *exact* replacement.

There'll be plenty of switches with the right dimensions that should work fine. That C&K one you posted looks ok to me. As far as I know they're all NO - at least, I've never seen one that wasn't, although I never looked deliberately either.

Like you say, the operating force is a bit of a mystery, but again...will you really notice too much?

One thing I would say is find some with a high number for the operational life/mechanical cycles. That's generally a good signpost for reliability. 10,000 is low, 100,000 is better, 1,000,000 is good.

covim23887

Quote from: ElectricDruid on April 21, 2020, 07:00:28 PM
Most tactile switches seem to come in standard sizes, so I wouldn't worry too much about finding an *exact* replacement.

There'll be plenty of switches with the right dimensions that should work fine. That C&K one you posted looks ok to me. As far as I know they're all NO - at least, I've never seen one that wasn't, although I never looked deliberately either.

Like you say, the operating force is a bit of a mystery, but again...will you really notice too much?

One thing I would say is find some with a high number for the operational life/mechanical cycles. That's generally a good signpost for reliability. 10,000 is low, 100,000 is better, 1,000,000 is good.

Hi ElectricDruid thanks for informing me about this, even I was confused among the varients.
Tutuapp                                 ShowBox Kodi

dschwartz

it looks like a pretty standard tact switch..
BTW i use to have a zoom 4040..the drives were awful, but the modulation and reverbs/ delays were so good (except the crappy pitch shifter)..i miss it some times...
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

potul

These switches use to be very standard. Just be careful with the height of the actuator. They are built in different heights and sometimes it's critical to have the right one, otherwise it will not perform well.

I bought a box with some hundreds of different sizes for less than two beer some months ago.