News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Strymon Volante Mod

Started by LaughinBones, May 20, 2020, 01:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaughinBones

I hope this is the right place for this post:

On my old El Capistan, you could make the pitch bend while using the tap tempo to change delay times. I really love that trippy sound, and was very much looking forward to it upon arrival of my new Volante.

Problem is, they don't offer the "hidden" pitch bending feature on the Volante... Drats! This pedal is otherwise perfect for me, I just need that trippy bend!

Does anyone know if it is even at all possible to mod the pedal to regain that feature, and if so where could I find someone to commission for this task? I've already asked Strymon, and they don't mod.

Thanks for your help!

Blackaddr

Features like that are likely in the programming. If so, no way to change that.
Blackaddr Audio
Digital Modelling Enthusiast
www.blackaddr.com

Ice-9

The Strymon Volante just like many other Strymon pedals uses an 'Analog Devices' Shark DSP chip so if there is any 'hidden' options like Blackaddr has said will be embedded in the programming code. The best way to get an answer would be to contact Strymon and ask if they have hidden any 'easter egg' options in the code. It can't do you any harm to ask.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

taylorcox

Thank you so much! It's very helpful!