News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

pinout

Started by plen, May 25, 2020, 05:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonis

What Markos said..!!! :icon_wink:
(there isn't any transistor pin-out other than E-B-C)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

plen

thanks marcus - munky this will save me a lot of trouble of getting it wrong and having to change them again.

plen

can i wire a jack and use a wall power supply. i can see two places for power. one is power to audio section power to oscillator section. it says this can this be done singly. where do the wires go to do it singly.

Marcos - Munky

Checks pages 20 and 21.

plen

thanks marcus thats great. i just add two jumpers and then run two wires to a jack.

slashandburn

Quote from: antonis on May 26, 2020, 08:18:42 AM
What Markos said..!!! :icon_wink:
(there isn't any transistor pin-out other than E-B-C)

Is this true? My meter has different transistor sockets for EBC and ECB, both on the pnp and npn side. 

Admittedly I don't recall ever having used the ECB layout, but it's there.

willienillie

I think he means on the Forum Vibe board specifically.  Other pinouts do exist, including the ECB of the original UniVibe transistors 2SC828.

slashandburn

Quote from: willienillie on May 26, 2020, 03:52:55 PM
I think he means on the Forum Vibe board specifically.  Other pinouts do exist, including the ECB of the original UniVibe transistors 2SC828.

Ah that makes sense! Cheers, I was beginning to wonder if someone had spiked my coffee.

I'll get my coat.

antonis

Quote from: slashandburn on May 26, 2020, 03:44:23 PM
Is this true? My meter has different transistor sockets for EBC and ECB, both on the pnp and npn side.

Is that true..??  'cause if it indeed is, your meter should be considered as foolish space saver.. :icon_wink:
(it should be enough a 4 pin socket, E-B-C-E, for all types and combinations..)

P.S.
Of course, I was refering on particular layout BJTs pin-out.. :icon_lol:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

slashandburn

Yup, my apologies. One of those brain fart. Moments where I missed all context and started questioning elementary stuff.

Like someone saying "those Geese? All those Geese are Swans" and me suddenly questioning the very existence of Geese.

anotherjim

Ordinary BJT - I've never had to chase datasheets for pinout - you can measure them out. And no, you don't have to fudge about with transistor test sockets.
DMM diode test or old analogue meter resistance x1.
The B-E junction has a slightly higher reading than the B-C. The meter lead polarity tells you if its PNP or NPN. E-C won't read either polarity.
Measuring junctions saves you from the pain of having the only sub-type of that transistor that was ever made by one manufacturer for one customer that had to have a different pinout.