Aion Phobos Tone bender Mk3/ No sound

Started by eh la bas ma, May 25, 2020, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eh la bas ma

Hello,

I am building the Sola sound version with BZX 85C12 diode for D1 (1N4742) and 1N4148 for D2 (1N270).

https://aionelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/aion-phobos-tonebender-buzzaround-documentation.pdf

Bypass is Ok, but the signal disappear when I engage the pedal.

Moreover, voltage readings on Q1, Q2, Q3 are in mV and no - symbol .

I started by breaking the original diode for D2, and I found a 1n4148. I soldered a 1N4007 as D1 and placed a jumper on the NPN pads.
The pedal didn't behave normally at this point, but all pots were active, I could here a faint fuzzy signal with the Fuzz and volume pots fully CW.

I changed D1 for BZX 85C12 and removed the NPN jumper. But there is no signal at all now.

I am not sure about the NPN pads, I have 2 jumpers on Balance Bypass and at the top and middle pads called MK3.
Also there is two Volume pots locations on the PCB. Did I choose the right one ? I followed an exemple i have found here : https://aionelectronics.com/build-reports/?project=61

Any help would be welcome !
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

niektb

What are the voltages you're reading at the TC1044?

eh la bas ma

hello,

Looking at TC1044, i read :

1 = 9.45V     8 = 9.45V
2 = 9.45V       7 = 7.38V
3 = 0mV        6 = 6.04V
4 = 2.233V     5 = 332 mV
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

eh la bas ma

eh la bas ma

"Omit these and use a standard 1N4001 for D1 if you want to either (1) use NPN transistors, or (2) power the circuit with an isolated supply and reverse the DC jack wiring. Both of these are outside the scope of this documentation—in other words: if you don’t know how, don’t try!—but in either case you will want to jumper the pads marked NPN up near the top of the PCB"

I am using one AC 125 and two AC 122 "gruen" transistor, I think it's PNP .

I did the DC input wiring as usual and left it unchanged.

As the circuit didn't work very well the first time I activated it, I tried to place a jumper on the NPN pads.

While these pads were bridged, I used a standard 9v power supply as always. Now NPN pads are clear and unbridged, and I am using the same center negative power supply .

Maybe I did something wrong with the voltage inverter circuit that could damage transistors or else ?