Anyone buying larger lots of Russian transistors on ebay recently?

Started by John Lyons, May 29, 2020, 09:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

Just checking to see who you bought from and what gains ranges you got.
I've used GT308B and V transistors with good results. I'm looking for some
more in the 70-90 hfe range.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mozz

P416B? I have some here but didn't really use them in anything yet besides a elka dizzy/burns buzzaround. I can test for gains if you want of the last ones i bought(within a year) and can find who the seller was. Sealed boxes of 50 i think.
  • SUPPORTER

John Lyons

Sure, thanks. Let me know the average gain you got and seller please.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

italianguy63

Quote from: John Lyons on May 30, 2020, 12:06:31 AM
Sure, thanks. Let me know the average gain you got and seller please.

John I have some extra 308B's and 308V's here.  I could sell some off.. just PM me with a fair offer.. I would have to look and see how many I have.  How many do you need?

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mozz

They were P416B version, i thought they were "a".
Here is the seller
https://www.ebay.com/sch/crown8219/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Here are some gains and leak, DCA55 tester. Shop is at 74@ today.
date code 8606, 8603 (the ones with leakage i touched with my fingers, others i used the needle nose) green and cream sealed boxes, OTK stamp on bottom.
85/0
107/0
83/21
87/0
85/0
92/17

These are my older stock date codes 73 to 78
92/0
61/0
92/0
113/16
80/0
74/11
  • SUPPORTER

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mozz

Seems like prices have gone up and selection has gone down. The P416B i think are a RF transistor, so sometimes it helps with the 47pf across the c-b junction. Gains are usually at the bottom of the spec sheet limit.
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Quote from: mozz on May 30, 2020, 06:19:18 PM
Seems like prices have gone up and selection has gone down. The P416B i think are a RF transistor, so sometimes it helps with the 47pf across the c-b junction. Gains are usually at the bottom of the spec sheet limit.

Oh yes,  When I 1st found the goldmine 4-5 years ago... prices were dirt cheap, and big variety.. A lot of the really good varieties are impossible to find now.. EX: MP20B.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad