All the POLYPHONY you want!

Started by Mark Hammer, June 01, 2020, 11:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Someone has graciously scanned and posted all issues of the wonderful POLYPHONY magazine, that PAiA published, and which eventually transformed into Electronic Musician magazine.  Damn near 40 years old in some instances (even older in others), but a terrific source of ideas, and at the very least a lovely nostalgic wander through the world of modular analog synthesis, and early digital/analog interfacing.

http://www.muzines.co.uk/mags/pl/all

bluebunny

Thanks for the heads-up, Mark.  That website is an absolute goldmine (and a huge nostalgia trip).  It's also an enormous drain on my time if I ever stop by!   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Mark Hammer

It certainly IS a goldmine, though some minerals to be found there are more precious than others, from our standpoint.  Apart from POLYPHONY, E&MM and Home & Studio Recording have the most technical and construction project articles.  The others tend to be more valuable for tech nostalgia ("Oh yeah, I remember that!  We thought it was amazing, then, but well outside our price range."), or perhaps reviews of things you might currently see for sale 2nd hand.

bluebunny

I used to read a bunch of these - Sound on Sound (still do...), E&MM, Music Technology, One Two Testing - and I recognise so many of the covers!  Sad, eh?  :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Rodgre

Woo hooo!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Roger

amz-fx

We should also give thanks to Scott Lee at PAiA, who gave his permission for these scans to be posted. That was very generous of him!

regards, Jack

toneman

thanks for the link!!!
looks like only 5 issues have been OCR'd and converted to pdf.

Paia.com has been providing free schematics of all their products awa some polyphony scans:
get them here:
https://www.paia.com/talk/viewforum.php?f=32&sid=a58620707558f172c29376d5ea61fd61
8)
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Mark Hammer

Quote from: amz-fx on June 02, 2020, 09:29:44 AM
We should also give thanks to Scott Lee at PAiA, who gave his permission for these scans to be posted. That was very generous of him!

regards, Jack
Absolutely.
And a posthumous nod to John Simonton, who pretty much established the ethic at PAiA of sharing what you know.
If I'm not mistaken, you have a few pieces in that collection, so take yourself a little bow, Jack.  Deserved.