Rangemaster weird voltages

Started by Arangonix, July 11, 2020, 11:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arangonix

Hi guys,

once again I'm fighting with a Rangemaster circuit. I've solved most of problems, but not all. I'm super pissed off right now. It's reallly easy circuit but I can't deal with it.
It sounds as it should, but it has pretty weird voltages, additinaly the LED don't turn on when the circuit is on. I've made all the wiring as in any other pedal I've built, but this one definitelly don't like me.

I've built one on breadboard to test some trannies and caps, it works ok and the voltages are ok. In my "soldered" version I have for example -0,70V istead of -7.0V etc. My multimeter shows the volatages differently, but both circuits are the same and works the same. There is also a problem with LED, it don't turn on when the pedal is on. The catode gets the voltage but it's not working.

I tested the LED on breadboard and it's working good. I've duble checked all the wiring, footswitch, jacks etc. All parts are ok, there are no shorts etc. As I said, it sounds as it should.

I can't show u a photos of it's interior, but here are some pictures I've found on the internet which shows my way of wiring.

Footswitch wiring, standard true bypass, I have my LED reversed.

DC jack/battery/input jack wiring. My input jack works like on/off switch for battery.

And here's the circuit. Mine looks nearly the same. I've added input cap switch.

I feel like throw it to the bin right now, never had silly problems like that with any, even a lot more compolicated circuits.
Guys, please :)

davent

Maybe wiring the jack, power switching with the negative lead from the battery and power jack instead of the positive (ground) lead, is causing the issue.

Another good schematic image here. https://www.electrosmash.com/images/tech/rangemaster/dallas-rangemaster-schematic-parts.png

Picture of your pedal, work can be a huge help in sorting things, other pairs of eyes...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Arangonix

Ok, as soon I'll be back home I'll post some pictures.