Fuzz Face Issue:Works but delays when turned on, LED faintly on when bypassed?

Started by Bandwagonesque, July 28, 2020, 02:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandwagonesque

Hi everyone. Running into a real weird issue and before i yank the circuit (its kind of clipper shipped in a bottle, so if i can manage a fix without pulling the circuit for shots of the bottom of the board that'd be great), wanted to ask if anyone may know what i did wrong. So it works and sounds fantastic, but when I initially plugged it in, i noticed the LED faintly is on when in bypass. When I turn it on it emits nice and bright and fine but then I also noticed it didn't immediately make any sound, then a couple seconds later voila, sounds fantastic and just kills. I have no clue what could be the issue, I built one exactly like this one right next to it which turned out fine so i would have a hard time blaming it on wiring but im just kind of dumbstruck as it does work, just has this silly LED and sonic delay that is really hampering things from letting me sell it off to cover the cost of the one i built for myself. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? thanks for reading.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the wiring is true bypass. according to my 'pedal f-up' journal, ive ran into this issue/symptom before and it was because i flip flopped the ground and led ground at the switch. thing is, on this fuzz face everything is going to its right place so im still left thinking. i may just replace the switch once i get more as this was my last one.

antonis

Plz post a actual schematic (including PS items) and pics of your build..

I suspect you've wired LED positive supply somewhere inside circuit.. :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..