Cannot replace Boss-type stomp switch with a 3PDT?

Started by Psychophonic, August 01, 2020, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

More than welcome.

Here's a "gedanken" experiment for others viewing this thread.

We've all seen 1590BB and 125B pedals with two side-by-side stompswitches.  The second switch is usually for something like a second circuit or tap tempo.  Okay, let's imagine that second stompswitch is a nondedicated momentary switch, just like psychophonic is ordering, but it is connected to a mini jack at the side, which can be used to engage any fet-switched pedal you want, assuming that pedal is also enabled for remote switching.

So, your new pedal can either be turned on and off with its own stompswitch...OR....if you just tilt your foot a little, you can engage/bypass TWO pedals at once with one footpress.  No need for a separate pedal-switcher unit, because it's all included in the one pedal, whose enclosure probably need to be a little bigger to accommodate the circuit board anyway.

Not a panacea for all circumstances, but I can see contexts where having a changeover situated in a way (e.g., one corner of a pedalboard) that lets you do it with one motion might be a real convenience.

Psychophonic

Quote from: Mark Hammer on August 03, 2020, 01:38:32 PM
Yes.
Hey thanks for the wisdom Mark. My switch arrived and works just as you demonstrated. I can literally touch the new switch lugs to the 2 points on the original switch and work it. This is great! I can now continue my journey/project. Thanks again.

Mark Hammer

Glad to hear it.  Good luck in your journey.  :)