OVERLOARD VOID MASTER (PLEASE HELP)

Started by offabit2001, August 11, 2020, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offabit2001

Hi guys was wondering if some of you smart people could help me out. There is no schematic for this thing. I cant find anywhere to buy it. But what i do have is some pretty good gut shots and some hints. give it a wack and help me come of with a schematic with what is listed. I think i have the resistor and cap values right. What I dont have is the 2 values for the middle pF caps and the values for the 2 electrolytic caps. I also have no idea for the full path of the signal. The description says it follows some of the colorsound fuzz loosely. i posted some other one knob fuzzes that use some of the values that we do have on the pcb. Thanks guys in advance.

bushidov

I thought it followed the fuzz face topology.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

nocentelli

There is not enough visible in those pictures to do much more than make guesses, but here are mine -

I think only one of the small ceramic caps exists in the CSOKF and it is a 220p between Q1 collector and base, so I just assumed the same value for extra one, and put it across C-B of Q2.

One electro cap must be on Q2 emitter, and since the maker's description of the circuit suggests it incorporates "elements of the fuzzface", I'm guessing they just used the fuzzface fuzz pot (1k pot and 22uF cap) and made it into a trimmer.

The other electro seems to say "105" which might indicate 1uF, probably across the power supply for filtering, but there is another 100n cap spare, and I've seen many posts on DIY forums suggesting using an extra, smaller value, non-electrolytic cap so assumed that's what they've done here.

Not much to go on for Q2 collector connections, so I just assumed that the trimmer is for bias, and the only remaining resistor (1k) is the fixed resistor: The company's description says this is an extremely loud pedal, so that suggests the arrangement I have drawn.

[edit] in fact, if you look at the schem I did for a d*a*m meathead deluxe, values and features are close - this was seven years ago: is the fuzz"lord" a recent pedal?

Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

offabit2001

Yeah, I think 2018/2019 is when he was running production. He was charging over $200 for them. They sold out and they haven't been produced since. Im going to breadboard this thing with the values/schematic you came up with. I really appreciate you responding to my post. Thanks.