reverb delay combo on spincad need help

Started by Buzzaw, August 11, 2020, 01:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzaw

Hi
So I've been tinkering about with Spin cad for a bit trying to make some cool effects and I have but I'm still new to this sort of stuff and was wondering if there is a way to do a reverb delay combo effect on spincad. I always get the red RAM error when I try and pair both a delay and reverb block. Is there anyway around that or am I missing something or doing something wrong. I appreciate any info I can get. Thanks
Sam

Digital Larry

Delay blocks always allocate all the RAM when you drop them in.  I'd start with the reverb and estimate how much RAM remains, then allocate that to the delay.  After you drop the delay in, open the control panel and reduce the total delay time.  To recalculate you need to either click on "Start Simulation" or make or break a connection.  Changing control panel values does not automatically recalculate the algorithm.

The "Small Reverb" is probably the slimmest in terms of RAM requirements.  There are a couple other reverb blocks where you can choose the number of delay lines.  I'd set that to two and see what happens.

DL
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

Buzzaw

Thanks I'll be sure to try that. I appreciate your help and good work you do. Thanks again