Cap with least leakage

Started by 11-90-an, August 15, 2020, 07:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11-90-an

Thinking of a sample and hold circuit that holds for say, 5 mins.... however, I think that the cap will leak significantly and the output would be inconsistent... any way to combat this?

:icon_mrgreen:

flip flop flip flop flip

antonis

Quote from: 11-90-an on August 15, 2020, 07:57:11 AM
Thinking of a sample and hold circuit that holds for say, 5 mins....

Same but for 20 mins, say.. :icon_wink:
(can't recall the date for peak voltage detector of custom made Ni-Cd battery charger together with temp monitoring..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Rob Strand

PCB leakage is also a problem.   See stuff on guard rings.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

11-90-an

Quote from: ElectricDruid on August 15, 2020, 12:25:42 PM
Lots of stuff on this very topic in this thread:

http://synth-diy.org/pipermail/synth-diy/2005-January/121002.html

So if done properly, i could hold down a signal for about 20 mins.... hmmm.... :icon_eek:
Some people stated 2 S/H in series, the first with small cap value, and the other with big cap value. However, what would be the switching system? Both would be on at the same time? Alternating?

I was thinking of 2 S/H in parallel, and each output will be fed into a 100 ohm resistor and averaged with a summing amplifier...

However, each of the components have to be matched really well, (especially the 100ohm resistors)

What do you guys think?
flip flop flip flop flip

Rob Strand

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.