wiring 3 way diode switch for rat mod?

Started by hershey, December 01, 2006, 09:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmc777

Quote from: dano12 on December 12, 2006, 02:12:08 PM
Quote from: zarathustra on December 08, 2006, 12:33:57 PM
That'd be awesome, man. Thanks. Here is the component side of the board, and here is the solder side. Pictures are a little blurry, but the end of the diode array facing away from the LED is the one that goes to ground.

Ok, I think this is correct. Desolder the two diodes next to the LED. Then attach wires as shown.  The pins on the opamp should be 2 and 6.

Not sure about the other set of silicon diodes on the board though...

Then hook in your clippers and switches:

Does this image show up for anyone? I have the same rat board and am wanting to do this mod but I'm not quite sure where to wire everything.

Moonibopper

I think the info is in this thread but can't seem to figure it out. Where on the stock Rat's PCB are the middle lugs of the DPDT switch hooked up to? Do I take the D2 diode completely out on the PCB and hook the wires up there? HELP PLEASE!!!

dmc777

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have any of the pics and copies of the links in this thread? The first pic by Dano and the multi rat schem is all that shows up for me and none of the links work.

Also could someone explain how I could do the mosget OD mod on Madbeans slow loris rat board ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot. Id post a pic of the board layout and schematic but I only have a cellphone but I'm posting a link to the project below.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/SlowLoris/docs/SlowLoris.pdf

mayoayox

Quote from: dano12 on December 01, 2006, 08:49:42 PM
Quote from: $uperpuma on December 01, 2006, 08:25:51 PMDUDE Dano... that is TOO cool... thanks a ton. is that essentially how a FKR happens?

Glad you like it! Yep, I'm using boards from BYOC to build them. Keith as fantastic boards and you can buy them on their own and source the parts yourself.

If you want to take a stab at it, here's my wiring diagram for the FKR using the BYOC board.

still got that diagram? :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_neutral:  :icon_razz: