by Ma3sTr0-Dzby Ma3sTr0-Dzby Ma3sTr0-Dz Midi CC to PC switching interface - Page 2

Midi CC to PC switching interface

Started by Steviebabes, February 11, 2019, 03:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pruttelherrie

Have you tested reception and sending individually?
Sprinkle some println()'s throughout the code to monitor incoming and outgoing values, to make sure that part is ok.

[edit] oh wait, it's a Nano with only one serial port which is already used for the MIDI port, that won't work. Can you add LEDs to blink upon reception/forwarding?

Willypp

IT WORKS!!!! IT WORKS!!!

I'd soldered midi in 4 to midi in 5 on the plugs and vice versa for the midi out plug, and now it's working exactly as I wanted.

potul

I was about to writ this: "90% of the time my MIDI devices don't work, I misconnected pins 4 and 5"

But I see you already figured it out. It's not always trivial to see which is which in the diagrams you find on the web.

I'm glad to see it's working. Welcome to the MIDI madness.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: potul on August 18, 2020, 04:57:04 PM
It's not always trivial to see which is which in the diagrams you find on the web.

+1 This! It's amazing how many different ways there are of interpreting "back" and "front" in a simple diagram of a MIDI socket or plug!!

pruttelherrie

Quote from: ElectricDruid on August 19, 2020, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: potul on August 18, 2020, 04:57:04 PM
It's not always trivial to see which is which in the diagrams you find on the web.

+1 This! It's amazing how many different ways there are of interpreting "back" and "front" in a simple diagram of a MIDI socket or plug!!
+1. Happens to me all the time...

Some of the sockets/plugs have the numbering embossed in the plastic, but not all of them.