How to bypass/add switch to Input/Pot/Output feedback circuit?

Started by Bandwagonesque, August 26, 2020, 11:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandwagonesque

Hi everyone. I just added my first oscillating mod to a fuzz by sticking a wire from the input jack tip to a 100K pot then back out to the output. its pretty fun to use in conjunction with the other knobs. Its on a fuzz face and was told that I can pull up the 100K feedback resistor and stick a 500K in series with it to make a 'gate' to control things a bit easier. But my big question pertains to how i might be able to stick a switch on there to shut it off. This seems not as easy as my brain is telling me. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can walk me through what I would need to wire up to where on the switch. im assuming this will need a dpdt switch. any help would be obliged as my brain is having a 'thinking of where the universe ends' type moment where my brain is just shutting off. wiring is not my strong suit still. thanks everyone!

FiveseveN

Quote from: Bandwagonesque on August 26, 2020, 11:44:43 AM
This seems not as easy as my brain is telling me.
On the contrary, it's quite trivial: what happens when you break the feedback loop?
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

Bandwagonesque

I really don't know why i have such a hard time, or assume the worst when it comes to wiring. thanks a bunch fiveseven, its funny how long it goes when having it explained back to you. 'break' was the magic word, left me going 'eureka' and 'doh!' all in the same breath. my mind is telling me that i need to find a way to bypass the whole thing as opposed to just simply breaking it, i keep completely overlooking the obvious and cant wait till i get out of this habit.

Marcos - Munky

Nah, this happens more often than you think. Usually, we try to search for the most complicated sollutions, when just disconnecting one wire is the answer of the question :icon_lol:.