Enough distortions? Time to give it a rest?

Started by Mark Hammer, September 14, 2020, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: cdwillis on September 23, 2020, 09:50:36 PM
There's a simple equation for this, I figured everyone knew:

N = N + 1

Woah!  I just had one of those "stop-the-universe-for-just-a-minute" moments, because I immediately recognised this formula: it's EXACTLY the same as the number of guitars I should own.   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Harry Muff

Quote from: garcho on September 21, 2020, 07:54:17 PM
It's a lot easier to buy (or build, or "design") a dirt/OD/distortion/fuzz//whatever pedal than it is to make inspired, meaningful music.

if you are shopping for guitars, you aint practicing - buddha

if youre shopping for pedals , you arent playing music - Confucius

:icon_lol:

Phend

The real Fun of fuzz or distortion effects is when they don't work and yer are racking yer brains out trying to fix it. Fortunately like Emmett's Fix It Shop (on Andy of Mayberry), the experts on this forum can fix yer dead fuzz in minutes !!
Here's Emmett fixing one of Goobers buzzing fuzzes.
There's never ending fun in DIY effects.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

vigilante397

Quote from: Phend on September 24, 2020, 10:01:00 AM
The real Fun of fuzz or distortion effects is when they don't work and yer are racking yer brains out trying to fix it.

I have a friend that just started building and was asking me how to learn more. The best advice I could think of was to build a bunch of pedals that don't work and debug them. That's how I learned :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Steben

Quote from: vigilante397 on September 24, 2020, 02:36:34 PM
to build a bunch of pedals that don't work

the stress! the stress!
What if it works?

So you advice to go straight for modulation
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

vigilante397

Quote from: Steben on September 24, 2020, 02:38:40 PM
What if it works?

Fortunately I was incompetent enough that I never had that problem :P But of course going for modulation would be a safe way to make sure it won't work. 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com