Cornish buffer help

Started by GeToneMaker, September 20, 2020, 06:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeToneMaker

Could you please help with my problems troubleshooting my build of the Cornish buffer from

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/cornish-buffer.html

I have built several pedals before including more complex ones than this, still, this make me scratch my head.

I have built the board, checked and double checked values, solder joints. etc. I have a huge volume drop using this pedal. So I disconnected the battery and removed the transistor (which I have socketed so could swap if needed). There is a huge volume drop still. I connected the amp to the out jack and the input ground to ground while the input tip was connected to a wire I could move I figured out - moving backwards in the signal path - that the volume drop happens on the 120k resistor, transistor base side.

Next, I connected the guitar in to the jack, out ground to ground and out tip to a wire and saw that there is no volume drop after the 1k resistor.

Next, I noticed something VERY starnge. Guitar to in jack, amp to out jack gives volume drop. Guitar in to out jack and amp to in jack gives no volume drop. ????

Can someone help to figure out from the above how to make this pedal work? I am using an alkaline 9V battery when all is assembled.

Thanks!

11-90-an

hello  ;D

Can we have pictures of your board? top and bottom?

also, voltages of the transistor when everything is unplugged...

however, I have a feeling that you might have wired the pedal with input and output switched... :icon_lol:
flip flop flip flop flip