Which components do you buy?

Started by ghiekorg, October 09, 2020, 06:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghiekorg

Hi everyone,
i know this is a probably common topic but i just got SO annoyed... I bought all the components from a german website and, after 9 days (nine), i asked why they didn't ship yet and they said they don't have all the products available and i have to wait another 7-10 days. It's ridiculous that stuff that comes from Mouser take 2 days to be at my place from US and stuff that comes from 500km away from me takes 2 weeks.

So, as i don't want to order from them anymore, but Mouser's website is so messy to me... i would like to make a simple list of products where anybody can put something. It could be also useful for beginners like me that have no idea about all the details and are buying always the wrong products :D

I made a shared sheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1argSTmgPMO6db0xlsjBxCqbDsQYbNh3d00rwTBBpLNs/edit?usp=sharing Anybody who feels like can edit it and add links to what they buy. It would be nice to have everything in one place (i have chosen Mouser but could be also Digikey or another website that has lots of products and ships worldwide)

Thanks to anyone who wanna help me with this. :)

11-90-an

Tayda has about everything on that list... 8)

I do like this idea...  ;) maybe some people can add those suspicious-looking eBay links that they tried and tested with good results...  :icon_lol:

I'll try to add some stuff later I guess...

flip flop flip flop flip

ghiekorg

QuoteI'll try to add some stuff later I guess...
It would be great

QuoteTayda has about everything on that list... 8)
My problem is the amout of different variety... I bought twice wrong pots, once it had steps and the second was 24mm instead of 16.

It would be nice to have a page like this: https://www.mouser.ch/Passive-Components/Resistors/Film-Resistors/_/N-7gz3w?P=1z0z819Z1yzttpjZ1z0z7l5Z1z0z357Z1z0wljoZ1yzbpodZ1yyxf87Z1yygfz1
here is enough to select the correct resistance and all the other parameters are already checked.

p.s. someone is working on the excel file but is overwriting using always the same link of a capacitor :D let's just add a  column so we don't delete each others' stuff

11-90-an

Quotep.s. someone is working on the excel file but is overwriting using always the same link of a capacitor :D let's just add a  column so we don't delete each others' stuff

Oops that would be me... :icon_redface: try refreshing your page... I fixed the link...

you can turn the link into one word, so that it the link wont cover other cells too.
flip flop flip flop flip

ghiekorg

Quoteyou can turn the link into one word, so that it the link wont cover other cells too.

Good point. I didn't think about that. ;)

bluebunny

Quote from: ghiekorg on October 09, 2020, 06:55:44 AM
I bought all the components from a german website and, after 9 days (nine), i asked why they didn't ship yet and they said they don't have all the products available and i have to wait another 7-10 days.

Banzai?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

ghiekorg

QuoteBanzai?
No, it's called Musikding. But thank you, i didn't remember of banzai. I just give it a try (i bought some components to do another overdrive for bass :) )

p.s. i update the list, feel free to update/check it anyone.

bluebunny

OK, I'm surprised at Musikding not being accurate about their stock levels; they're usually pretty reliable.  Banzai, on the other hand, are notorious about being out of stock when the website says otherwise.
  • SUPPORTER

kraal

Quote from: ghiekorg on October 09, 2020, 06:55:44 AM
So, as i don't want to order from them anymore, but Mouser's website is so messy to me... i would like to make a simple list of products where anybody can put something. It could be also useful for beginners like me that have no idea about all the details and are buying always the wrong products :D

You can try Distrelec. Their search engine for components is less complete than Mouser's (maybe it will fit your needs), it's easier to filter by value for instance.
Compared to Mouser, depending on the components they are at the same price level as Mouser. They have some components Mouser doesn't, but miss some that Mouser has.
The biggest difference being that you have to buy more than with mouser in order to have "free shipping".

ElectricDruid

Quote from: ghiekorg on October 11, 2020, 05:20:24 AM
QuoteBanzai?
No, it's called Musikding. But thank you, i didn't remember of banzai. I just give it a try (i bought some components to do another overdrive for bass :) )

p.s. i update the list, feel free to update/check it anyone.

UKElectronic are another you could try if you're in Germany:

http://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/index.php/

ghiekorg

Quote from: bluebunny on October 11, 2020, 09:41:05 AM
OK, I'm surprised at Musikding not being accurate about their stock levels; they're usually pretty reliable.  Banzai, on the other hand, are notorious about being out of stock when the website says otherwise.
Ah. Shit. I hope they are not right now that i made an order (Luckily is a small one) :D
Musikding is just bad to me because stuff finishes every minute. Stuff is available and gets out of stock WHILE i am putting the components in the chart. I really don't get how is it possible... I mean, i never worked in an electronic components shop, but i worked in other "selling parts" shop, and the n.1 rule is "ALWAYS buy a new stock way before you run out of a specific product".
Also as said the slow shipping and time to prepare the stuff. But at least the shipping is only 9€ compared to the banzai one that goes up to 25€. Crazy

Quote from: kraal on October 11, 2020, 05:40:19 PM
You can try Distrelec.
Quote from: ElectricDruid on October 11, 2020, 07:33:26 PM
UKElectronic are another you could try if you're in Germany:

Thank you guy i didn't know them. I will give them a try :) i think i will order one pedal per online shop and see where i get better results :D

ghiekorg

Banzai was actually out of stock for some components and they made a partial delivery after I wrote them 5 days waiting without shipping instead of the claimed 2-3.
The first partial delivery from musikding had a wrong product and the others were really badly packed: similar caps with different values have been put in the same bag and I had to divide them one by one. they sent me the second part and was not complete still.
Ukelectronic was really fast and the communication was good but they sent me a 2 wrong objects (not to bad as they said I can keep them but still annoying, especially because they sent me the wrong resistors and didn't write anything on the strip. Luckily I checked the colors before storing them...)

I know I am an annoying and heavy person about this but... is it normal? I mean, so far I made 3 big orders and ALL OF THEM had mistakes or were lacking something. Is it always like that also for you or I have been just really unlucky? Tell me your stories :-D

bluebunny

Quote from: ghiekorg on October 17, 2020, 10:41:50 AM
Banzai was actually out of stock for some components and they made a partial delivery after I wrote them 5 days waiting without shipping instead of the claimed 2-3.

This has been my experience of Banzai on more than one occasion.  I won't buy from them any more.  Their website says something is in stock, but once you've placed the order you find out it's not.  Then you get into the ridiculous situation where their subsequent communication is lax (as you've found out) and their predictions of availability are fantasy.  If you absolutely need to get something from them, then phone or email to get confirmation that the stock really exists and get them to reserve it for you.
  • SUPPORTER

ghiekorg

Guys i think we have a world record: banzai sent me the wrong box (125B instead of 1590B) and musikding sent me an incomplete order as deliver to complete another incomplete order.
This means ALL the orders i did had mistakes or were missing something. I think it's crazy :D Luckily i do't do it as a job