Boss OC3 bass/guitar mod

Started by ghiekorg, October 09, 2020, 08:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghiekorg

Hello everyone,
Yesterday i realized a small box with 3 jack inputs and 3 jacks coming out of it. My idea was to use it as IN/OUT for the whole pedalboard and but placing an OC3 as first pedal with both input jack plugged in. This to avoid pluggin the bass or guitar in a different hole everytime. Maybe a pic would help understand.

Problem is: when both jacks are plugged into the OC3, the bass one doesn't work. Do you think is there a way to mod it so that one doen't cut off the other? I couldn't find any OC3 schematics, though...

antonis

Could you post a pic of the OC3 IN jacks..??  :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

antonis

Νο...  :icon_smile:

I mean your particular box jacks & wiring..
( I suspect Bass signal GND is somehow interrupted..)
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

ghiekorg

aah sorry, misunderstood.
No the problem is not in the wiring i guess. I really tried to just have a bass plugged in together with a random jack inside the guitar IN and no sound came out until i just removed the jack from the guitar IN. I think the guitar input cuts off the bass one (?). But if you still wanna see my box i can send you a pic when home :)

antonis

If so, then OC3 pedal has selectable inputs, in the mean of it utilizes only one at a time..

In such a case, you'll need a mixing circuit inside your box with only one jack out..
(but I'm not sure for the audible result..)  :icon_lol:

11-90-an

I have a feeling the guitar in jack is stereo and it switches the bass input off when it's plugged... maybe you would have to cut a trace... :icon_eek:
flip flop flip flop flip

ghiekorg