Diode I/V comparison graph

Started by Steben, October 23, 2020, 12:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steben

You guys have seen this?
Little detail : BS170 body diode almost exactly the same as 1N4148, 2N7000 body diode steeper!
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

garcho

that's how you can hack a diode as a variable resistor, in a really quick and dirty kind of way, say for an active filter
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

phasetrans

Too bad this doesn't go down another couple decades, or give the reverse of the zener. Very cool data.
  • SUPPORTER

iainpunk

nice graph, i wish i had it soner

only downside that its sometimes hard to see which diode goes with which colour, like the IRL510 and the LED R rectangular are kind of the same colour.

very much thanks,
iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

ThermionicScott

Quote from: iainpunk on October 24, 2020, 11:02:47 AM

only downside that its sometimes hard to see which diode goes with which colour, like the IRL510 and the LED R rectangular are kind of the same colour.

very much thanks,
iain

It took me a bit to figure out the scheme, but I believe the diodes are sorted by where their line starts at zero current, and then listed from left to right at the bottom.

Nice work, Steben!
"...the IMD products will multiply like bacteria..." -- teemuk

Steben

Quote from: ThermionicScott on October 24, 2020, 02:17:40 PM

very much thanks,
iain

It took me a bit to figure out the scheme, but I believe the diodes are sorted by where their line starts at zero current, and then listed from left to right at the bottom.

Nice work, Steben!

Its not my work, I stumbled on it and thought it would be a crime not to share.
  • SUPPORTER

iainpunk

Quote from: Steben on October 25, 2020, 04:44:49 AM

very much thanks,
iain

Nice work, Steben!

alsnog handig om te hebben,

groetjes, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Steben

Quote from: iainpunk on October 25, 2020, 08:23:52 AM
Quote from: Steben on October 25, 2020, 04:44:49 AM

very much thanks,
iain

Nice work, Steben!

alsnog handig om te hebben,

groetjes, Iain

;)
  • SUPPORTER