Help needed to trace the audio path for debugging

Started by THEZED, October 24, 2020, 08:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEZED

Hi guys, I built an overdrive and after a couple of days, it stopped to work. I'm trying to debug the bitch by using an audio probe, but I'm not sure about the audio path to follow.
In the attachment, I have enlighted the very first part of the signal path, can someone be that gentle to continue the path?
Thank you!

GibsonGM

C3 to pin 3 of IC1A....R9 to pin 5 of IC1B; C9, C10, C11. 

HTH
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

iainpunk

FF = feed forward (signal path)
FB = feed back path
TN = tone / filtering
X = where no signal should be present

good lick

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

THEZED

Thanks guys!
Problem solved! I've got this rattling (grounding) noise with a very low sound out of pin 1 of IC1 and I was worried about some troubles in that area, finally I inspected the area under the pot and there was some solder residue (solder dust+flux) hanging between pins 1 & 2 of the IC, bridging them and grounding (I guess) pin 1.
Now the pedal is back to life!
Thank you!

antonis

Quote from: iainpunk on October 24, 2020, 11:10:53 AM
FF = feed forward (signal path)
FB = feed back path
TN = tone / filtering
X = where no signal should be present

good lick

cheers, Iain

IMHO, you better reconsider part of purple (X) path of signal "absence".. :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..