Help Me Identify These Wah Potentiometers

Started by txrsm, October 26, 2020, 02:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txrsm

Hey all...I call upon all you wah pedal aficionados to help me identify two wah potentiometers. A little background, I am currently building myself a parts wah. Basically I've worked on so many wahs in the past that I had enough spare parts in my parts bin to fix up an old USA Vox V847 with carbon comp resistors and a Q adjustment. At the current time I have a Hot Potz II loaded into it and it sounds great. But I do have a couple more pots in my bin I'd like to try out before calling it done. At first glance the two pots look exactly the same but I noticed they are actually marked one letter differently. Here are the markings on each pot. What is the difference or the significance? Is it related to pot taper?

Wah Pot #1: 4S B100K SuperSwell 1229
Wah Pot #2: 4S C100K SuperSwell 1229

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

willienillie

Usually, B = linear, C = reverse audio (anti-log) taper.

txrsm

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking that too. I'm just curious how or even if that impacts it's use in a wah.

MikeA

• SUPPORTER

txrsm

Awesome and thanks for the information as it was super informative. I think I have it figured out then...the B100K is a standard wah pot and the C100k (C = Reverse Log) is actually a wah pot for a boomerang pedal. Thanks so much fore your help guys. I'm skipping the C100K and going to audition the B100k SuperSwell against the Hot Potz II. We shall see who wins the coveted spot in my wah build lol!

"Old Icar and my RV4 "smooth pot" are essentially audio/log taper. Regular log for regular wah shells, including post 74 rectangle shape dearmond wahs and vols.
rev log in boomerang, which has the pot on opposite side .
I use Rev log in crybaby shell for some of my colorsound inspired joe-sonic wahs, the treble comes in at very end of toe down, similar to the actuator in colorsound."