Help me wire this pedal with 2 footswitches

Started by antiuser, October 26, 2020, 08:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antiuser

Hi all,
I just made an overdrive pedal with a switchable boost stage, and would like one of the footswitches to act as a master switch (bypass the effect whether the boost is on or not) and the other to just control the boost stage. Should be simple, right? My issue is that my boost stage should be placed *before* the main circuit rather than after (getting that "treble booster into a cranked amp" sound). It's easy enough to make both modules independent, but I'm not sure how to go about having a master footswitch. Hoping the wise heads on this forum can help me.

blackieNYC

Sometimes you want to kick on the booster, sometimes you want to kick on the overdrive, and sometimes you want to kick on both? 
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

antiuser

No, the overdrive is always kicked on by the main switch. If the main switch is off and you kick on the boost, the LED for it will light up, indicating that the next time the main switch is kicked on, both OD and boost will be on.

11-90-an

Best thing to do is draw a diagram...  :icon_wink:

HTH

flip flop flip flop flip

antiuser