PT-80 delay seems to be working...quick question

Started by DaveTV, October 17, 2003, 11:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveTV

It looks like I was finally able to get the PT-80 working again. I must have somehow fried the PT2399 chip. Replacing it brought the circuit back to life. Lesson learned.

When I turn the delay level all the way up, should I only be hearing the delay repeats, without any dry signal mixed in? Actually, this is not the case with my circuit, but this seems to be the case with other delays I've owned. With the level turned all the way up in my circuit, I get the dry signal mixed with the delay repeats at about the same volume. Is this how it should be with the PT-80?

Maneco

Hi,
that`s the way it is in pt80,dry signal is always present...you could mod the circuit to add another pot for "dry level"

Best!!!
Maneco

Scott Swartz

It is working correctly.

The wet/dry setup in the PT-80 is designed so the delay level pot is easy to adjust in the range most people set it to, the design is similar to the Boss DM-2.

The Ibanez AD-80 has a mixer that allows 100% dry to 100% delay, but adjusting for the right mix can be a little "twitchy" on the AD-80 as a result of its mixer design.

Tradeoffs.............

Adding a pot for the dry level is not as easy as it sounds since the dry is DC coupled, and it would have to be done a certain way to not screw up the high frequency de-emphasis that occurs in the output opamp.

DaveTV

Thanks guys. Now that it's working, it will finally go into a box today.