Transistor Question

Started by PiotrekFX, November 19, 2020, 11:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiotrekFX

Hello Everyone, im really new to the Pedal making

And I have simple question. I have build this Kit from Musikding ''simple one knob fuzz'' , i have  two transistor on socket.
I want to try a lot of transistor how do i know what transistor to put instead of my 2N3906 and AC126 120-130 ?

And where can i buy some transistor in Europe ( i leave in France , sorry for my bad english  :icon_redface: )

Thanks you all in advance

aron

You want to first look up the transistor type. Search for 2N3906. It's a PNP type.
So now at least you know what type of transistor to look for.
Barring looking at PNP data sheets, you can search the forum for PNP transistor and find a ton of links to the transistors other people have used.
I took a brief look at that circuit, it seems similar in a way to my Lava Rim:
https://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/lava2.GIF

The Lava Rim supports a ton of transistors but it's NPN. You would have to flip the power supply and electrolytics to make it work for PNP.

antonis

Hi & Welcome..

Additionaly to what Aron said, you better search for Si p-n-p (T1) and Ge p-n-p (T2) general purpose transistor amplifier..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

iainpunk

welcome to the forum,

i recommend getting a velleman transistor pack, its 100 transistors of 8 types in a blister pack, very useful to have in general.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

PiotrekFX

Thanks a lot ! Theres anyway i can't damage the pedal ?  swapping one transistor for another ? or it just won't make sound?

antonis

If the pedal isn't powered during changes, don't be afraid.. :icon_wink:

But, just in case of, make changes with the help of a long dry wooden stick, wearing rubber gloves and ground grips.. :icon_lol:
(ingnore the above suggestion.. my local time is later than yours..) :icon_lol:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Rob Strand

Don't forget different transistors have different pin configurations.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.