No Flange Signal, Electric Mistress

Started by dfx_pedalpcbs, November 07, 2020, 02:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfx_pedalpcbs

Where in the signal should there be some flanging going on, is it at pin 7 & 8 of the MN3007 because I get nothing there at all

I get a clean signal at the output just no effect, led flashes at the LFO.

All the chips are good and work in other effects so im not sure whats causing this

iainpunk

do you have an Audio Probe? that is the best tool for debugging.

the flanging only really happens when you mix the clean and pitch shifted delayed signal together. there should be signal on the output of the chip, but is should sound vibrato-like

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

danfrank

You should have flanging where r15, 16 and 17 come together. If you're using the "send & return" jacks, you need to make sure there is a connection to bridge those two jacks when no 1/4" plugs are inserted into those jacks. If you aren't using those jacks, a wire needs to be soldered to the 2 jack's hots so signal goes through.
Good luck

anotherjim

I'd have thought those send/return jacks should use switched sockets so the signal passes between them when nothing is plugged in.

StephenGiles

What are the clock voltages at pins 2 & 6 of the MN3007? They should both be around half +Vc.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

danfrank

Quote from: anotherjim on November 08, 2020, 06:23:34 AM
I'd have thought those send/return jacks should use switched sockets so the signal passes between them when nothing is plugged in.

Yes, I was just trying to cover anything that might be overlooked since the provided schematic doesn't show switched jacks.

dfx_pedalpcbs

Clean signal at those junctions

MN3007

Pin 2-0V
Pin 6-8.75V

danfrank

Pin 2 should be the same voltage as pin 6, the other clock pin.
Probably a solder bridge or cold joint on the PCB or there's something wrong with the clock pulses going to pin 2 of the 3007

StephenGiles

Quote from: danfrank on November 08, 2020, 04:12:47 PM
Pin 2 should be the same voltage as pin 6, the other clock pin.
Probably a solder bridge or cold joint on the PCB or there's something wrong with the clock pulses going to pin 2 of the 3007
Also remove the 3007 and see if the voltages going to its pins 2 & 6 are the same, if they are remove the 4049 and test voltages at pins 1 & 2 of the 4013. 
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

dfx_pedalpcbs

ok will try those steps and report back

dfx_pedalpcbs

MN3007 removed-voltages same

CD4049 removed pin 1 on the CD4013 is 8.75V and pin 2 reads nothing

Tried different LM311 and its now working

Thanks for the help

StephenGiles

Good news, I was leaving the 311 until last because I don't know how available they are!

PRR

> leaving the 311 until last because I don't know how available they are!

If LM311 goes away, that's the end of the world.

DigiKey shows lots. Limiting to DIP ThruHole, over 9k in stock, under a buck a chip. If you like lead, that's half price.

We OK for today.
  • SUPPORTER

StephenGiles

Quote from: PRR on November 10, 2020, 11:24:41 PM
> leaving the 311 until last because I don't know how available they are!

If LM311 goes away, that's the end of the world.

DigiKey shows lots. Limiting to DIP ThruHole, over 9k in stock, under a buck a chip. If you like lead, that's half price.

We OK for today.
That's good to know should I run out!

dfx_pedalpcbs

This was the batch that gave me head aches!

danfrank

Where did you purchase them? It's always good to know where to avoid difficult parts. Thanks

dfx_pedalpcbs

ebay but sorry I cant remember the seller