Who are the Adam and Eve of Pedals ?

Started by Vivek, November 16, 2020, 12:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

ThermionicScott

Quote from: teemuk on November 17, 2020, 10:16:14 AMBack to topic, as far as I know two very first "effect boxes" ever were a volume pedal, simply titled "Volume Pedal", and an electro mechanic tremolo effect, titled "Tremolo Control", from DeArmond. Both manufactured by Rowe Industries in the early 1930's. The latter, initially a carry-on effect, was refined to foot-operated form in circa 1948.

I think I need one now!

"...the IMD products will multiply like bacteria..." -- teemuk

aron

Arduino driving a servo that twists a volume pot!!!!! 2020 version!

ThermionicScott

Quote from: aron on November 18, 2020, 01:31:53 AM
Arduino driving a servo that twists a volume pot!!!!! 2020 version!

There aren't nearly enough DIY Whizzers in the world! 
"...the IMD products will multiply like bacteria..." -- teemuk

PRR

> using a slashed speaker

Link Wray was known for this. Also popularizing the Power Chord. Did not get along with corporate music, worked a lot on a 3-track in his chicken shed.

Modern DIY "Liquid Tremolo": http://hackaweek.com/hacks/liquid-tremolo-with-glass-cleaner/
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: ThermionicScott on November 17, 2020, 09:50:24 PM
Quote from: teemuk on November 17, 2020, 10:16:14 AMBack to topic, as far as I know two very first "effect boxes" ever were a volume pedal, simply titled "Volume Pedal", and an electro mechanic tremolo effect, titled "Tremolo Control", from DeArmond. Both manufactured by Rowe Industries in the early 1930's. The latter, initially a carry-on effect, was refined to foot-operated form in circa 1948.

I think I need one now!

those are the most fantastic knobs I've ever seen. are they originals? and what's special about windex (tm probably)?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

iainpunk

those are the most fantastic knobs I've ever seen. are they originals? and what's special about windex (tm probably)?

Windex conducts really good and doesn't resolve over time, leaving residue, where salt does leave residue and stuff
i also like those knobs a lot

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

StoneTones

OP, I found this site to be helpful. While not quite the 'phylogenetic tree' or tree of life, it's a wheel of pedals and that's gotta be worth a spin, eh?

https://www.guitarpedalx.com/news/gpx-blog/12-degrees-of-saturation--2020-key-distortion-categories-edition

*edit update for 2020
I'm Cody from Corey .....err wait no, Corey from Cody!