Does the Human Gear Animato Invert Signal??

Started by danfrank, January 05, 2021, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danfrank

Hi everyone. A quick question... Does anyone know offhand if the HGA inverts the signal going into it? I'd like to add a blend circuit before the HGA so I can get a mix at the output. Schematic attached, courtesy of Aion Electronics.
BTW, since the HGA is a germanium rangemaster connected to a BMP variant, I brought the rangemaster "boost" control to the outside of the enclosure. This is supposed to be a set and forget control but what the hell. If anyone is wondering... Yes, when the boost and sustain controls are both at full, this thing squeals loudly. I'm assuming too much gain. It's still convenient to have the boost control outside, lots of extra sounds.
Thanks!

antonis

After 5 (odd number) inversion stages, it indeed inverts.. :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

PRR

Altho I doubt it matters. Multiple bass slopes will twist the "meat and body" phase so it won't null in a re-summation. Lots of clipping ensures the highs will never be the same twice, so won't reliably null.
  • SUPPORTER

iainpunk

if you want to have less phase problems, you can mix with a filter.

it puts the bass of one side and treble of the other side together in the output, neat trick, under used imho.
you have to ignore the labels in the first 2 boxes, of course, its about the mixer circuit.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers