CE(FJ)-1 Chorus

Started by Scruffie, November 27, 2020, 08:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Quote from: Ben N on December 02, 2020, 04:26:06 AM
I love this trend (if trend it be) of re-creating/re-imagining classic circuits of yore with obtainable parts and modern performance (e.g. Thomeque's and others' Electric Mistress work, Ripthorn's PT2399 based Echorec emulation, etc.). I'm not prepared to go down the rabbit hole of faithful reproduction of those circuits, and sure as heck wouldn't shell out for an original, but the idea of a workable near approximation is thoroughly appealing. Nice work, Scruffie, and thanks for sharing!
Exactly my thoughts on the matter, there's definitely a place for both but if you can ignore the metaphorical headstock, a Squier can be just as nice as a Fender and as long as it gives the same 'feel' I don't think the crowd is going to notice which guitar you've got or chip you've put in the box. Well, they probably wont notice much of anything for the time being...

box

[/quote]
Yeah, where is that Scruffie guy anyway!?  :icon_mrgreen:
[/quote]

It's true he is still hiding somewhere :icon_biggrin:
Rgds,
box

nooneknows

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 27, 2020, 03:08:30 PM
I still maintain that the only thing that was really special about the original CE-1 was that it employed a different LFO waveform for chorus than it did for vibrato.  One can turn pretty much any chorus pedal into a vibrato unit, simply by lifting the dry signal.  But you're still stuck with that triangle LFO.  The CE-1 used the right LFO for the job.  Glad to see you retained it.

That's interesting, I use a CE3 just for a pseudo leslie simulation, maybe a sine modulation would be much more spot on, is there anyone who know if there is a mod to convert the CE2/3 oscillator to sinewave?

skyled

Why not include the common mod of a chorus depth control?

caspercody

Old topic here, but has anyone made a PCB? Preferably a vero, or PCB to purchase

Scruffie

Quote from: caspercody on January 31, 2022, 07:56:58 PM
Old topic here, but has anyone made a PCB? Preferably a vero, or PCB to purchase
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=33430.msg321076#msg321076

Should be out in the next month or so.

caspercody

Scruffie

Quote from: caspercody on February 16, 2022, 06:45:07 PM
Is it the karaoke chorus
It is! And the boards are on order now, assuming no problems with the prototypes, then it shouldn't be long now.

caspercody

Will they be sold at site you "works at"?

Scruffie

Quote from: caspercody on February 16, 2022, 10:10:55 PM
Will they be sold at site you "works at"?
That's where Haberdasher will sell them, yes.

caspercody

Anyway to get a parts list, and box size?

Scruffie

Scruffie

A couple of people have PM'd me about if I had a demo, someone has made a short clip of a few settings, here: https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=33856.0