Arduino input/out stage PCB

Started by illafent, December 03, 2020, 01:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illafent

does anyone have a remade PCB to connect the guitar signal to the Arduino or similar device and output? 

niektb

Depends on what you want really! What kind of Arduino do you have?
ElectroSmash has made this Arduino shield: https://www.electrosmash.com/pedalshield-uno
But I'm not really blown away with the sound quality of the effects :) (probably because the Atmega328 is not a very powerfull device)

The STM processors are pretty fast I believe, see if you can find a board with a codec (combination of DAC and ADC)... That definitely improves the audio quality also!

illafent

Yeah i saw that.  I'm not interested in using the Arduino for effects rather program it to turn things on/off.  Insert audio effects into the Arduino almost like a digital looper interface to control whats on when.  I don't know how to make PCB's ( i know you can make with foil or something) The switches i want to use require I2C so ill need something like Arduino or Daisy.

vigilante397

If you're looking to use the Arduino as a looper then you don't want your audio signal to go into the Arduino, you want the audio signal to stay analog and have the Arduino control relays for bypass switching.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Blackaddr

If you want to control audio relays, look at a Teensy LC. IT's more than capable.

If you want to do any digital audio processing, even a "digital mixer" you need to consider a lot more.

Getting guitar signal into and out of a CPU is always much more involved than people think if you want decent sound quality, low noise (digital interference), proper impedance (guitars need very high impedance) and voltage protection (take the 7 or 8 Vpp signal out of an analog guitar pedal or active pickup and feed it into an ADC and you will fry it.)

You may want to take a look at the TGA Pro. I created it specifically so people who want to get into programming with digital guitar effects can skip worrying about all the preamp, impedances, analog supply generation, power supply filtering, voltage protection and get right to the fun stuff.

https://www.tindie.com/products/blackaddr/arduino-teensy-guitar-audio-shield/
Blackaddr Audio
Digital Modelling Enthusiast
www.blackaddr.com