Help with building a pedal

Started by undothis, December 28, 2020, 12:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undothis

Hello I need help building a Pedal which involves a custom mic preamp I was wondering if anyone had that skill set it is a bit of a complicated and I would also need a schematic and circuit layout. Surface mount preferred.

I would also pay you.

Thank you!

iainpunk

you are just in time to be nominated for the ''''most vague post of 2020 award''''

its more economical to just state the needed specs and be pointed in a direction of a pedal that already exists.
i believe more than half of the regulars on this forum have the skill set tho.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

undothis

Haha loves that I was being very vague  :icon_rolleyes:

I want to have a pedal built with 2 MIC pre amps for my vocals, 2 mono inputs for my guitars, 2 stereo outputs. Both stereo outputs can switch between line level and instrument level. Hopefully that is enough info. I would need a PCB layout as well as a prototype.

Thank you!

Kevin Mitchell

That's a lot to ask of anyone to do for you. You should invest in an audio interface/mixer.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Fancy Lime

+1 to what Kevin said. Why does this need to be in pedal format? There should be many small mixers out there that do exactly what you want. Even the really really cheap ones are astonishingly good these days. If it has to be a pedal, you can just transplant the guts of a cheap Behringer mixer (or whatever meets your needs) into a pedal housing. If you want to make it yourself, just trace the mixer of your choice and start modding from there. That would give you the schematic and a prototype, problem solved. If you want someone here to take enough of an active interest to walk you through a design process, you will have to divulge a lot more information. Right now it's a bit like you are going to a restaurant and when the waiter wants to take your order you say you want food, delivered on a plate, in exchange for money. Not nearly enough information. Also, this here is, for the most part, more teatime at aunt Ida's, where a bunch of old ladies exchange recipes, than a restaurant.

Not sure that helps but hope so anyway,
Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

composition4

Quote from: undothis on December 28, 2020, 12:59:52 PM
Hello I need help building a Pedal which involves a custom mic preamp I was wondering if anyone had that skill set it is a bit of a complicated and I would also need a schematic and circuit layout. Surface mount preferred.

I would also pay you.

Thank you!

Yes

11-90-an

flip flop flip flop flip

Ripthorn

If you want someone to do this, it's likely to be very expensive. The R & D on something like this is much like what a company would do, but without a large number of units to absorb the cost. A bespoke pedal like this could easily cost several hundred dollars or more. Think of it like commissioning a statue of yourself. You may really want it, but you're likely the only one, so the market is limited and the labor cost will be huge.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

amz-fx

Behringer Xenyx 802 4-channel Analog Mixer:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/802--behringer-xenyx-802-mixer

$89.00 and not much bigger than a pedal at 7.4 x 8.7 inches.

regards, Jack

Fancy Lime

Quote from: 11-90-an on December 31, 2020, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: Fancy Lime on December 31, 2020, 02:12:13 PM...teatime at aunt Ida's...

Uncle Aron’s...

:icon_mrgreen:

You're right of course, Nathan. Is www.teatimeatunclearons.com registered?
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!