Embarrassed into finishing my Klone

Started by stallik, January 04, 2021, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stallik

Having seen that Mark has now finished his 20 year hyperflanger build, I was embarrassed into finishing this.
Been on the shelf for about 5 years when I made the enclosure and a pcb. Can't find my original documentation so picked up new pcb's from Fuzzdog and wired them to fit the enclosure

Worked first time even though the 12v zener in the PS section is still in the post somewhere. Sounds much the same as my Mosky golden horse which cost me £15 new inc. postage and relegated my build to the shelf for so long. That opinion might change when I can get a little volume going

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

FuzzyFaceFuzz

stallik

Thank you. I'm really pleased with this one. Very transparent and dynamic
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Kipper4

Hope you're ok Kevin.
Good job mate. What rig are you using it with please ?
Rich
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

stallik

I'm ok Rich, hope you are too.

I'm using a wet/dry rig. Overdrive/distortion into both amps, modulation into one. Sounds huge even at home volumes. (I know, all the gear, no idea but it's keeping me sane under lockdown)
Using overdrive set to give me clean when tickling the strings and umph when hitting it harder - I play with fingers. I have 2x TS & a Mojomojo but the Klone does this better for me. Distortion without as much compression is the only way I can describe it

Kipper4

Might have to build one to try with my rig then.
Thanks. I'm fine mate.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/