Please read the forum rules

Started by aron, January 09, 2021, 10:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

No political posts or avatars please.
This is a stomp box forum, not a political forum. Please go there to debate.

Aron

iainpunk

hey, i have a feeling i was about my avatar,
it didn't occur to me that i was breaking 2 forum rules, (political and animated avatar)
sorry for that,
i removed it and will keep the rules in mind for the next avatar i chose.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

ElectricDruid

Understood loud and clear, boss!!

Thanks for everything you do keeping this place going, Aron.

bluebunny

Quote from: ElectricDruid on January 10, 2021, 08:10:41 AM
Understood loud and clear, boss!!

Thanks for everything you do keeping this place going, Aron.

Yeah, this - x10.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

rankot

I presume this is connected to that guy with paranoic post about being banned from various places...

However, what is this word SUPPORTER I see under my posts?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

digi2t

Amen.

That's an apolitical, nondenominational amen, btw.

Rock on Aron.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

deadastronaut

no... :icon_mrgreen:

only joking, i know how to behave........most of the time. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

garcho

To all non-US forumites,

Americans are having an exceptionally difficult time right now, if we seem crazier than usual, well, we are. A little extra patience might go a long way. As would changing the subject back to diodes and op amps and germanium when you notice things starting to get political. Thank you dear friends, and thank you Aron, for steering the ship, cheers!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

StephenGiles

No crazier than the UK with a prime minister making a new U turn almost every day!!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

eh la bas ma

Americans have a hard time and i can see why. Not much more than in France which is quickly drowning.
But i hear you : music and electronic only here and it's important . I notice garcho's avatar is kind of very red...  is it yellow stars on it ?!
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

garcho

QuoteI notice garcho's avatar is kind of very red...  is it yellow stars on it ?!

I noticed you're not very good at noticing things. It's a lamp, from Morocco, but if that makes me a Communist in your eyes, I can't imagine there's much I can do about it. Good luck!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

stallik

Quote from: garcho on January 11, 2021, 12:16:58 AM
It's a lamp, from Morocco
And there was me thinking it was a butterfly wing ::)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Fancy Lime

Am I the only one who cannot see garcho's avatar?
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Rob Strand

It's the bottom of an alien space ship ... with a Moroccan lamp landing light.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

11-90-an

Quote from: stallik on January 11, 2021, 07:36:13 AM
Quote from: garcho on January 11, 2021, 12:16:58 AM
It's a lamp, from Morocco
And there was me thinking it was a butterfly wing ::)

Don't worry. First, i thought it was some sort of pizza art, then I looked closer then realized it wasn't that. After, i thought it was some sort of umbrella design. I held onto that belief until garcho spoke the truth... :icon_lol:

flip flop flip flop flip

iainpunk

Quote from: Fancy Lime on January 11, 2021, 07:43:48 AM
no, i can't see it either  :'( :'(
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Fancy Lime on January 11, 2021, 07:43:48 AM
Wait, there are avatars available and visible?  Seriously, in 20-some years here, I can't recall ever seeing one.

eh la bas ma

I m sorry garcho. It was a bad attempt to make a joke. I was thinking about Skunk Anansie's 1996's song : "Yes It's @#$%ing Political" with the great chorus : "Everything's political". I love that song ! Can you recognize the specific distortion on the guitar ?
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.