Interfax Harmonic Percolator Slider Pot type?

Started by Bandwagonesque, January 11, 2021, 01:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandwagonesque

Hi everybody. I tried ordering some sliders based off what I thought was the same type just off sight but was incorrect. Anyone know what kind of slider potentiometers are used for the original harmonic percolators 50 and 100K log BALANCE and HARMONIC controls? Thanks a bunch for any help folks and take care and have a nice week.

anotherjim

If you want a lookalike clone -  start with the enclosure. The sliders have to just fit the flat bit of panel. Original slider look might have the cool factor, but it will be difficult to protect the slide potentiometer track free of dust down on the floor so most builds are in the standard stompbox enclosures with rotary pots.

These look the part...
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/potentiometer-variable-resistors/slide-potentiometers/ra300bf-b50k-ohm-linear-taper-slide-potentiometer-dust-seal.html

... but just to frustrate the heck out of us, they only have linear types while the log ones don't appear to have dust gaskets. Probably don't come with screws - usually M2.

Rob Strand

The originals were Alpha brand well at least some of them.   They could anything from 43mm to 60mm you would have back-engineer the length from pics.  I'd err at the low side of that range.   You might find build info from die-hard cloners on the web.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.