Wiring 3 pedals in one box

Started by GiorgioRodi, January 27, 2021, 06:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiorgioRodi

Hello guys, so I decided to build 3 pedals in one box (Aion Cerulean, refractor and musikding tube screamer). I can't find any wiring for 3 pedals. I want each pedal to have its own 3pdt and led. Tube screamer and Cerulean are true bypass, Refractor is buffered.
Any advice for doing that?
Thank you

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

GiorgioRodi

Quote from: antonis on January 27, 2021, 07:24:54 AM
Hi & Welcome..

Thank you so much! If one of the 3 pedals is not true bypass, is that a problem? Sorry for the questions but I'm a beginner and I'm trying to learn

amptramp

If you switch the Refractor so it is always on, what antonis showed you will work.  Just use the 3PDT switch to do its switching.

At some point, you may want to make the Refractor into a true bypass device but for now, build it as shown.

GiorgioRodi

Quote from: amptramp on January 27, 2021, 08:31:30 AM
If you switch the Refractor so it is always on, what antonis showed you will work.  Just use the 3PDT switch to do its switching.
At some point, you may want to make the Refractor into a true bypass device but for now, build it as shown.
So if I wire the 3 pedals like that, all three pedals are true bypass right?
Because for the Refractor I have the possibility to hardwire the 3pdt pcb either buffered or true bypass.

antonis

Quote from: GiorgioRodi on January 27, 2021, 11:18:30 AM

Yes..!!  :icon_wink:

Pedals are wired in series ( IN jack -> Pedal 1 -> Pedal 2 -> Pedal 3 -> OUT jack ) so you also have the choise for more than one effect ON..
(but in specific order - meaning you can have Pedal 1 + Pedal 2 but NOT Pedal 2 + Pedal 1..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

GiorgioRodi

Quote from: antonis on January 27, 2021, 01:11:30 PM
Quote from: GiorgioRodi on January 27, 2021, 11:18:30 AM

Yes..!!  :icon_wink:

Pedals are wired in series ( IN jack -> Pedal 1 -> Pedal 2 -> Pedal 3 -> OUT jack ) so you also have the choise for more than one effect ON..
(but in specific order - meaning you can have Pedal 1 + Pedal 2 but NOT Pedal 2 + Pedal 1..)
Alright, get it! For the order I just decided (cause I've already built them and used for a while), so I don't need an order switch for example.
Thank you so much for your help