EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai stereo options

Started by choklitlove, January 11, 2021, 08:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choklitlove

From the manual: "When you connect a plug to the R Input, the SMMH will stop the ping-pong effect: whatever goes into the Right Input will go out the Right Output, whatever goes in the Left Input will go out the Left Output."

So, of course, I would like to be able to use the stereo input and keep (or make it an option) to get the ping pong on the outputs.  I have another stereo output pedal that really only makes sense before the delay (and it doesn't have stereo in anyway).

I don't want to poke around in this pedal too much, but if anyone has a schematic and/ or suggestions I would really appreciate it.  At least just see if it's even worth considering.

Thanks!
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

iainpunk

if you don't want to mod the pedal, you could get another mono delay pedal that can go fully wet and set it to a single repeat, and put the delay time to half of what the memory man has, and put it in to one of the channels.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

choklitlove

Quote from: iainpunk on January 12, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
if you don't want to mod the pedal, you could get another mono delay pedal that can go fully wet and set it to a single repeat, and put the delay time to half of what the memory man has, and put it in to one of the channels.
thanks for the reply.  i don't mind modding the pedal, I just don't want to do it haphazardly/without a plan.  it was a bit too expensive.

choklitlove

one more try- anyone have a schematic for this pedal?
thanks!

Mark Hammer

Since it would appear from the manual that the R input jack is wired to "inform" the DSP logic, try plugging into the L input and see what you get from the two output jacks.

iainpunk

its a digital pedal, so kind of hard to mod, but if what mark says it true, you could trace the circuit and cut the line that informs the ADSP chip

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

choklitlove

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 27, 2021, 07:37:22 AM
Since it would appear from the manual that the R input jack is wired to "inform" the DSP logic, try plugging into the L input and see what you get from the two output jacks.
so it's likely that one of the switches on the jack is purely for a digital input?  that might be convenient.
however, i already know that if I plug into the L input only, the ping-pong is active from the outputs.  am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

Mark Hammer

No.  It's not that the switch is necessarily for a "digital input".  Rather, there can be FETs used to block certain audio paths that are turned on or off by the switching action of a phone jack.  This is a common strategy used for analog chorus, flanger, or delay pedals that provide for a "stereo" (i.e., one wet and one dry) output.

choklitlove

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 27, 2021, 11:43:12 AM
No.  It's not that the switch is necessarily for a "digital input".  Rather, there can be FETs used to block certain audio paths that are turned on or off by the switching action of a phone jack.  This is a common strategy used for analog chorus, flanger, or delay pedals that provide for a "stereo" (i.e., one wet and one dry) output.
understood.  that would be relatively easy to analyze with a schematic.  without that, and all these chips and surface mount stuff, i don't know if I would ever figure that out manually.
i will dig in with an audio probe anyway as soon as I get a chance.  meantime, I have asked EH for a schematic.  no response after several days, so I'm not holding my breath (nor do I really blame them).