Show Your Letter Stamped Enclosures

Started by swever, August 28, 2017, 11:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benoi31

Do you have an example of a "good" letter stamp set?

I tried several times with the one I bought, but could not really manage to get some decent results with it.

swever

Hi Benoi31,

Did you have a heavy base directly under the stamped surface? If not, it's the most likely reason for unsatisfactory results.

I bought the cheapest set I could find and it seems to work fine. The only thing that's not great about it is that some letters' stamping surface aren't exactly perpendicular to the letters' shafts. Which means you have to hold the stamps and hit them "at an angle" which is not so cool.

roseblood11

ElectricDruid

That's amazing! Your stamps are made of Lego!!

T.

thermionix

Yeah, what are those?  Why aren't they backwards?  The letters on the wood veneer look burned in.  From behind?  I'm confused.

Plexi

Maybe it's the upper side (where you hit with the hammer)
That way its easier to not lost the orientation.
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

davent

Quote from: thermionix on December 01, 2017, 04:49:51 PM
Yeah, what are those?  Why aren't they backwards?  The letters on the wood veneer look burned in.  From behind?  I'm confused.

I'm going to guess that's not the stamping side of the block we're seeing, you can snap them together and easily read the word and know it's going to stamp correctly.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

davent

Quote from: Plexi on December 01, 2017, 06:30:27 PM
Maybe it's the upper side (where you hit with the hammer)
That way its easier to not lost the orientation.

I think so too.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

EBK

I'm guessing they are letter press (ink) stamps.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

thermionix

Quote from: davent on December 01, 2017, 06:31:08 PM

I'm going to guess that's not the stamping side of the block we're seeing, you can snap them together and easily read the word and know it's going to stamp correctly.

dave

Duh.  I'm sure you're right.

duck_arse

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 01, 2017, 12:46:52 PM
Beginners version  8)

I dunno what it is, but I think it's great. and an orange led.

[.... nvmd ....]
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

roseblood11

Quote from: thermionix on December 02, 2017, 12:14:57 AM
Quote from: davent on December 01, 2017, 06:31:08 PM

dave
Correct. I stole them from my son...

Duh.  I'm sure you're right.

swever

garyg

Quote from: swever on August 28, 2017, 11:28:20 AM
Here's my first attempt. Cyrillic letters ftw :)

I like this look a lot, nice work.

What size are these stamps? I've seen different ones from 4mm up to 11/12mm. I guessed maybe 8 but too big? Looks like some are measured by the size/width of the shaft not the actual letter. Thanks.

swever

Quote from: garyg on February 28, 2019, 09:05:16 AM
I like this look a lot, nice work.

What size are these stamps? I've seen different ones from 4mm up to 11/12mm. I guessed maybe 8 but too big? Looks like some are measured by the size/width of the shaft not the actual letter. Thanks.

Thank you and sorry for a very late reply. Been away from building and the forum for over a year. I used 4mm stamps.

swever

Here's a new one that I finished yesterday. It's a slightly modded metalzone

ManicStrat1982

Quote from: swever on January 27, 2020, 11:50:22 PM
Here's a new one that I finished yesterday. It's a slightly modded metalzone

That's bad ass!

jmwreck

Here's my Blueberry Bass OD

and the Barbershop