Boss GE 10 M.I.J. 100v

Started by BDuguay, February 07, 2021, 02:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDuguay

Good day everyone.
Does anyone know what the internal voltage requirements are for a MIJ Boss GE 10?
Someone is looking to have theirs converted to DC power only. I've googled for a schematic but was unsuccessful.
Thanks in advance

Mark Hammer

Here you go Brian.  Boss includes schematics with their service manuals; the idea being that one only really needs a schematic in the event of needing to service one of their products.

https://elektrotanya.com/boss_ge-10_sm.pdf/download.html

The schematic shows that the board is ultimately powered with +/-13VDC.  I would imagine that use of a 9VAC wallwart would easily be converted to just a little over +/-12VDC, or one could use a 12VAC wallwart and employ 12V regulators internally to drop the rectified 16.9VDC down to a regulated +/-12V.

BDuguay

So one could take out the transformer and put in a dc connector then do a little modding to the power supply section I guess?
Thanks for the reply Mark, long time no see!
B.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: BDuguay on February 07, 2021, 06:13:58 PM
So one could take out the transformer and put in a dc connector then do a little modding to the power supply section I guess?
Yup.  It's what many have been doing for years with old AC-powered EHX pedals whose transformers were blown or used onsolete components in their power supplies.
QuoteThanks for the reply Mark, long time no see!
B.
We need to fix that at some point, Brian.  Jeez, you'r girls must be in university by now...or done with it!  Our youngest finished undergrad 2 years ago.

BDuguay

Wow! Yeah, mine are all growed up too. My youngest is doing online college (thanks Covid 19) and my oldest is still figuring things out. Perhaps I'll PM and fill you in on where I've been for the last number of years.
B.